A pre-purchase survey is usually requested by a potential buyer and is focused on areas where defects are likely to considerably reduce the value of the vessel and perhaps require extensive investment to correct.
The survey report is a factual summary of the inspection in a narrative format with extensive photographic record and other relevant documentation. The survey takes about 12 hours to complete for a 100mvessel; this includes the following:
Hull, Deck, and Structure
- Particulars of the subjected vessel (Dimensions, Vessel’s Certificate, and Documents/Registration, etc.);
- Keel if applicable;
- The hull below the waterline;
- Topsides above waterline including Rubbing Strake;
- Hull/Deck Joint;
- Bulkheads and Structural Stiffening including Internal Mouldings;
- Deck Moulding;
- Electrical installation;
- Electronic installation;
- Navigation and miscellaneous systems including onboard safety systems according to international/local requirements.
On completion of the survey, we supply a fully comprehensive written report with detailed photographs.