All aspects of marine insurance claims – investigation of causation, quantum of loss and salvage of damaged product.
- Handling of specialist cargo claims such as frozen seafood, frozen foodstuffs, fruit and vegetables, heavy equipment, steel products and paper products.
- Hull and machinery damage investigations and claims.
- Customary package: Usual/standard package
- Jettison: Dropping cargo in the sea to save the ship and other cargo in the ship
Loss: Caused depressed value of goods
- The peril of the sea: Loss caused by the sea conditions, ie: heavy weather, salt water damage, etc
- Peril on the sea: Outside events caused loss to hull and cargo. ie: robbery or loss to the cargo or the ship on the sea.