Most insurance companies require a survey to determine if a vessel is an acceptable risk. Our survey is a comprehensive visual, structural and safety inspection.
We also inspect all fitted systems and equipment and report on the structural integrity and safety of the vessel for its intended use. The survey provides a comprehensive written report with detailed photographs.
Our pre-risk surveys follow a process rooted in a comprehensive understanding of risk management, insurance, and engineering principles. This process involves many steps, including:
- Hosting meetings with the insured managers and employees to ascertain the processes in place and to facilitate understanding of the operational models used in the production of goods and services.
- Thoroughly inspect the property and documenting its condition, in order to produce an accurate report that will guarantee the insured’s thorough understanding of all risks.
- Closely examining critical systems and components to determine their condition and to understand the risks associated with operation and maintenance.
- Requesting and securing information that describes management and control processes.
- Preparing a comprehensive report providing a complete risk analysis.
- Preparing a Risk Improvement Plan that can be utilized by insurers and insured alike to develop a process to enhance their risk profile.